|Job Title:||Programme Manager|
|Salary:||£320.00 - £400.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Hours: 40 Hrs per week
Period: December 2015 - July 2016
Maximum day rate: £400
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and delivery of plans to ensure all necessary preparation and execution tasks and dependencies are included.
- Ongoing management of those plans to achieve the delivery goals.
- Work with key stakeholders to manage the deployment of all aspects of the project assigned to Identify and mitigate potential risks for delivery of products.
- Operate as a full member of the team; supporting the Programme Director and other team members as directed.
- Project Manage all aspects of specific work packages.
- Working with stakeholders to ensure Design; Delivery; Technical Build; testing; MI requirements etc are managed and delivered to date and time.
- Completion of detailed plan for the medium term including MSP; Resources; costs. Completion of the detailed design phase to time and quality; working with the Design team to secure stakeholder sign-off at all stages.
- Development of stakeholder relationship with suppliers; including preparation of joint plans; proposals and any design and build documentation.
- Completion of the high level plan through to Go Live and BAU handover.
- Experience in the delivery of projects; with particular emphasis on the management of suppliers and stakeholders.
- Experience of governance and risk control frameworks.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Strong leadership; people and communications skills.
- Possess strong analytical skills with a proven ability to persuade and influence senior decision-making.
* A project management professional who is able to build strong and productive relationships with colleagues and managers quickly, and who is credible in front of colleagues at all levels through to Director General.
* Strong project management background with first-hand experience of planning, dependency management, risk/issue management, change control, reporting and embedded project management controls.
* Able to produce and maintain project plans using MS Project but also present planning information in other formats to suit the audience, e.g. Visio, PowerPoint, Excel.
* Strong content assurance skills with very high level of attention to detail. Able to identify and challenge issues with content, e.g. project risk registers not aligning with project highlight reporting, progress narratives not providing balanced summaries of reported data, grammar and spelling problems.
* Excellent drafting skills. Able to produce high quality project documentation, including the ability to summarise detailed project information into digestible, accurate and succinct summaries when preparing project progress reporting.
* Familiar with project management methodologies; evidenced by one or more of the following Axelos accreditations, ideally at 'Practitioner' level: PRINCE2, Managing Successful Programmes, Management of Risk or P3O.
* Ability to work effectively in diverse, cross functional teams where some colleagues' backgrounds and experience may be more as subject matter expert policy leads rather than project management experts.
* Highly organised and capable of working across multiple projects at varying levels of maturity.
* Strong problem solving skills - uses own initiative and does not require constant supervision.
* In a collaborative way with PMO colleagues and other stakeholders, able to help further develop PMO processes and suggest/deliver improvements.
* Ensuring there are regular and systematic mechanisms in place for the identification and management of risks, issues and planning data, including through holding workshops or other challenge sessions with teams.
* Ensuring that the projects within scope regularly comply with PMO processes and deadlines, including by providing hands-on support with the development and quality assurance of the required outputs as needed, for example:
o Detailed Project plans
o Risk and issue registers
o Dependency logs
o Progress reports - This will involve gathering commentaries and assuring that contents are aligned with the plans and risks/issues registers and have been updated since the last report.
* Confirming director-level sign-off of progress reporting prior to submission to the PMO.
* On behalf of the supported directorate, inputting risk and key performance indicator data into DfT's MI database.
* Acting as the bridge between the projects and PMO Planning Manager in respect of the maintenance of planning information into the enterprise planning tool, Primavera P6.
* Co-ordinating quality assurance and approval of project outputs. This will require liaison with the Governance Manager to ensure that products are scheduled on 'Forward Looks' of relevant boards - this may include project boards, Programme Investment Board, Board Investment & Commercial Committee, Executive Committee, and potentially HS2 Ltd governance.
* Promoting and ensuring best practice in the full range of project management disciplines to enhance existing team capabilities, including local implementation of PMO processes
* Skills transfer to directorate resources
* Working with central PMO colleagues to develop and improve PMO processes.
* Organising and managing checkpoint meetings.
Configuration and document management, of project outputs.