|Job Title:||Project Engineer|
|Location:||UAE - Abu Dhabi|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer for an international Consulting, design, construction and operation company of high tech production facilities for industries like Semi-conductor, Photovoltaics to work in Abu Dhabi Regional Office.
The Project Engineer will have responsibility for PV engineering deliverable from development and pre-sales, through project close out for several concurrent projects. This is a multi-tasking role that covers the complete value chain as well as EPC lifecycle of solar PV power plants, from development through startup and thereafter during Operations and Maintenance. The candidate will have technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing and executing assignments, and will have business responsibility for providing project deliverable on time and on budget with high quality.
The candidate shall be experienced in the design of solar PV power plants site development and infrastructure works, and must be able to coordinate effectively across all engineering disciplines, including architectural, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical.
Daily work will require interfacing with senior management, clients, subcontractors and product manufacturers on significant matters, often requiring the coordination of activity across the company.
- Dimensioning and selection of PV components and systems (inverters, transformers, cables, monitoring and SCADA system)
- Work with commercial team to prepare tender documents, development and creation of functional descriptions, guidelines for commissioning and acceptance procedures
- Preparation of single line diagram, function and system descriptions
- Technical support of supplier negotiations
- Work with commercial team to identify and create price calculations
- Support the construction site as "Field Engineer" including commissioning, as-built and hand over.
- Support QA / QC in the field to fulfill project requirements
- Interface with commercial team to ensure procurement and delivery schedule
- Must lead and execute all design deliverable for solar PV power plants.
- Shall manage and coordinate with external specialty design consultants, where required.
- Shall plan, coordinate, and obtain design approvals and construction permits from utilities and authorities having jurisdictions.
- Assist Quantity Surveyors in evaluating tender returns as may be required. Has to support with his technical know-how the purchasing activities.
- Structured and goal- oriented approach and working behavior
- Act as a single point of contact for all technical questions for the EPC project team and contribute to co-operative working across disciplines.
- Must uphold and implement the highest standards in EHS compliance, including Safety in Design.
- Must have strong commercial acumen for solar PV power plants economics, competitive costing, pricing and benchmarking, for both EPC and O&M type contracts.
- Dedicated commitment and self-motivation with the ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative.
- The candidate shall be able to travel based on assigned projects, up to 30%, both regionally and internationally.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering preferred) from an accredited university and proven
- Minimum of 8+ years' experience in the planning, design, and operations of photovoltaic systems, or advanced degree (Masters or equivalent).
- Professional Engineer (PE) license a plus.
- Must be competent with the technical aspects of the job as well as business and client interactions. Interface with customers in all technical related matters.
- Must be experienced in conducting engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of commercial and utility solar power systems.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Project, ETAP.
- Must be proficient in PVsyst Solar PV Power Plant Simulation Software.
- Must be experienced in equipment warranties and FAT/SAT, and solar PV power plant performance guaranties calculations and validation, testing/commissioning, and O&M.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations, emails, and proposals. Project management skills are highly preferred.