|Job Title:||Project Manager - Offshore Wind|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a fast moving organisation that works in the construction and maintenance of offshore wind farms. They provide highly skilled personnel and innovative vessels to solve the problems of operators and major contractors.
The company is currently undergoing expansion and as a result is looking to recruit a Project Manager. The successful candidate will work with the operations team and be responsible for the safe delivery of a portfolio of projects with the aim of exceeding customer expectations while finishing the project in the given time and budget as well as achieving the greatest possible positive profit.
- Responsible for the safe delivery of a Major Project, or portfolio of projects, to the 'as sold' specification. Meeting the project objectives within the agreed timescales and budget, delivering the maximum margin, whilst ensuring that the Company Management System is applied throughout the project lifecycle.
- Be the Safety Leader for the particular Project or Portfolio of Projects that the individual has safety responsibility for. Implement effective Safety and Environmental management of the project ensuring that each of the project delivery functions has systems in place to cover its safety requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Client throughout the project lifecycle.
- Interface with the necessary internal departments to define Work Packages and mobilise the necessary resources required for the execution of the project.
- Ensure the implementation of Quality Assurance throughout the Project Lifecycle including document control.
- Responsible for project planning, monitoring and project progress reporting throughout the project lifecycle ensuring timely and accurate reports are prepared as required.
- Responsible for managing the Contractual Scope of Supply throughout the Project Lifecycle through the implementation of the Change Management Process and the approval of any changes to scope, base lined programmes and budgets.
- Overall accountable for commercial and contractual correspondence both with the customer and any subcontractors including identification and reporting of risks, liabilities and opportunities.
- Overall responsible for Subcontract selection/ procurement, performance management.
- Responsible for warranty management ensuring closure of snagging list items, commercial closeout activities and final handover, including lessons learnt.
- Supporting Sales Team during the bid phase, analysing customer requirements.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline and professional project management qualification.
- Significant experience within the Wind industry (offshore preferable) with relevant experience including wind farm construction and commissioning phase, preferably in offshore environment.
- Project management, planning, budgeting and contractual experience on wind industry multidisciplinary projects, preferably in offshore environment.
- Knowledge of QHSE legislation associated with construction projects.
- Previous experience of management of project control function covering planning, estimating, financial control and commercial management disciplines.
- Previous experience of management of company compliance with local Health and Safety statutory obligations.
- Ability to anticipate problems and to take mitigating actions in advance of the problem being realised.
- Ability to identify, integrate and manage the project stakeholders.
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
- Flexible to travel around the UK and overseas.