|Job Title:||Project Manager - Rail|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Faye Stevens|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Senior Project Manager
Are you looking to work for a major engineering group who are working with some of the biggest names and projects in the UK rail industry? Then our client has the opportunity for you! They are looking for a passionate and motivated Senior Project Manager to become involved in their major rail projects in the UK.
You will be joining the company's EGIP team and your role as Senior Project Manager will see you working on major multi-disciplinary projects. You will be responsible for the overall management of the design teams and the contractual interfaces between the Designer and Client Co-ordinator.
- Lead the multi-disciplinary design teams
- Liaise with clients and design team members
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships
- Support business development initiatives
- Ensure quality deliverables within scope and programme
- Use your team to develop a schedule by identifying the activities which will produce the products. Identify the dependencies between these activities, and define the stages to ensure that we deliver quality (Do, review, amend, check, approve, issue).
Prepare a competitive fee estimate:
- Resource-load the programme.
- Ensure that you understand the risks, and assign an appropriate level of contingency.
- Double check that we have accounted for all the required activities.
- Benchmark the fee with similar projects and eliminate 'nice-to-haves'.
Manage the risks:
- Identify the risk
- Assess their impact and probability
- Assign the appropriate mitigation strategy and assign ownership
- Check that the actions are being undertaken, monitor their effectiveness, and act.
- Extensive project management experience of leading heavy and/or metro rail project multi-disciplinary design teams
- A qualification in Project Management: Prince2/MAPM
- Ability to operate within various forms of contract
- Extensive experience in design and construct rail projects
- Excellent communication skills with clients and design team members
- Proven ability of successful major project delivery
For further information please call Lisa Newman at Allen & York on 01202 888986.
We look forward to receiving your application.