|Job Title:||Protection & Control Design Engineer|
|Salary:||Dependent on experience|
|Contact Name:||Luke Sanders|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Our client specialises in electrical system studies and design offering power system planning, overhead line design, connection design, electrical and civil design, asset management and project management, safety and quality assurance services. They are looking to recruit a Protection and Control Design Engineer to assist with the specification and design of Protection and Control systems for a number of Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) and private clients.
- Producing specifications for substation Protection and Control systems from 11kV up to 132kV
- Producing designs for substation Protection and Control systems from 11kV up to 132kV (Single Line Diagrams, Circuit Diagrams, General Arrangements, Wiring Diagrams, cable specification, sizing calculations, etc.)
- Working alongside other designers, construction professionals and engineering teams
- Liaising with the Primary and Civil design departments to ensure that all objectives are met and that the best possible design is submitted
- Liaising with external stakeholders, including the end client, other design houses and consultancies as well as other internal departments
- Qualified to HNC level or higher
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience producing Protection and Control specifications for power systems from 11kV up to 132kV
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience designing Protection and Control systems for power systems from 11kV up to 132kV
- Ability to work in a team environment and adhere to budgets and programmes
- Competent with the use of relevant software: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, RasterDesign, etc.
- Good communication skills