|Job Title:||PV Design Engineer - Solar|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £32000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Smith|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our Client install and distribute energy efficiency devices and renewable energy systems including solar thermal and PV systems, heat pumps and biomass boilers with commercial, public and agricultural sectors across the UK.
- The role will be responsible for the full project feasibility and design from initial estimation of system size and yield to full detailed construction design in all areas i.e. PV, electrical, mechanical using CAD tools and simulation software.
- The role will also require the engineer to answer technical questions from the business development managers, customers and site engineers, to attend site surveys and to resource suppliers and manufacturers for technical solutions as directed. This is a key role within a team dedicated to the competent design and project packaging to enable the operations department and installer teams to successfully complete the installations in a manner that maximizes customer satisfaction and employee safety, whilst minimizing cost.
- There will be opportunities within the role to work with other technologies.
- Desktop feasibility design from the sales surveys assessing the correct technology and equipment selection to assist the estimator.
- Carry out technical site surveys for preliminary design assessments, full design specification and to assist in installation issues from a technical point.
- Design of ground and roof mounted PV systems producing schematics for each project.
- System costing
- Attend site pre-start handover meetings as required.
- Monitor system performances.
- Answer technical questions from customers and colleagues.
- Resource products from suppliers as required for the projects in hand and work with the electrical design engineer on specialist equipment requirements.
- Continually strive to improve the efficiency and wider development of the system designs.
- To provide technical support to the Sales team
- To provide support to deliver installations in conjunction with the Project Managers
- To provide technical On-site support as required
- Minimum 48 months working in the PV industry
- Working knowledge and experience of CAD
- Working knowledge and experience with small, medium and large PV systems up to 500kW
- Working knowledge and experience with electrical engineering
- Electrical Engineering Degree preferred but other disciplines will be considered
- Able to influence and organize others and driven to meet deadlines.
- Self-organised with attention to detail.
- Excellent Customer Service with good communication skills.
- IT- Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD, PV SOL , PV Syst
- Flexible, self-motivated and a can do approach
- Outgoing, confident and comfortable working with all types.
- Approaches work in a methodical and highly disciplined manner.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Conscientious, patient and tolerant.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.