|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Quantity Surveyor to work in a global engineering organisation on interesting rail projects.
Would suit an individual keen to progress career.
ALLEN & YORK have an excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join one of our reputable clients. Our client is a global engineering organisation and are offering this position to an ambitious Quantity Surveyor who is keen to progress their career.
As the successful candidate, you will provide post contract commercial support for designated packages of work, including subcontract, materials and direct labour; ensure projects are successfully delivered within cost and time constraints; acts as a primary interface to work package managers, key stakeholders and suppliers.
You will be joining an already well established team and supporting the Commercial Manager on some very interesting projects. You will be managing 2-3 projects from cradle to grave at any given time with a value of between £500k - £4 million. This role is within the rail sector, but it is not essential that you have previous experience within rail - ideally you will come from an engineering / infrastructure background with experience of working on complex construction projects.
What you need to qualify for this job?
- Previous experience working within a contractor side project environment. Experience ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, engineering, defence, construction, IT etc.
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar)
- Strong track record in a contractor side, project environment.
- Strong communicator with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Good financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to work under own initiative and under cost or time critical conditions
- Good Contractual knowledge and experience.
- Confident and able to deal externally and internally at all levels.
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment
- Strong computing skills in MS word, excel, project and MS Outlook
My client is looking for an individual to join the team who is keen to progress their career and develop further. My client is offering great future opportunities and a very competitive salary + benefits.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information, please call Lisa Newman 01202 888 986