|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor - Water|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Quantity Surveyor - Water
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Preparation of internal Cost/Value Reports on a monthly basis to satisfy the requirements of your Senior Line Manager and any other reports which may be required.
* Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
* Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation.
* Preparation and management of subcontract and material Procurement Schedules.
* Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
* Preparation of Early Warning Notices and associated registers.
* Identification and substantiation of Compensation Events/variations, extension of time claims, etc.
* Assist in the identification of commercial risks and opportunities and carry out value engineering exercises as required.
* To encourage and develop a culture of contractual awareness within the junior commercial site team and ensure that the full contractual entitlement is achieved by rigidly maintaining records, contractual notifications, change control, etc.
* Provide assistance, support and guidance to junior staff on commercial issues within the Project(s).
* To utilise MAXcel costing system to help improve cost control and financial/commercial reporting and ensure that all junior commercial staff are fully trained to utilise the system to its full potential.
* To implement Group Procedures and ensure they are strictly followed by junior commercial staff.
* To ensure that a robust system of site records for all labour, plant, materials, staff, etc are kept as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract Works.
* Ensure that a robust system of cost allocation/coding is followed which satisfies both internal and external req.
* Preparation of earned value calculations and detailed projected project outturn costs on a monthly basis as required by your Senior Line Manager.
* Re-measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
* Attend internal financial meetings as and when required.
* Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
* Undertake any other work as required by your Senior Line Manager and BU Commercial Manager.
- HND/Degree qualification (construction related)
- CSCS (White / Gold Card)
- Full driving license