|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor - Water|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Quantity Surveyor - Water
If you’re an experienced Quantity Surveyor and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our London team as Quantity Surveyor and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
We are seeking to recruit ambitious Quantity Surveyors to support the various teams in London to work on our design and consultancy projects within their sector. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows within our business.
- To provide competent and professional quantity surveying expertise supporting Capital Programme Investment Delivery across a number of key projects.
- Responsible for liaising with all external and internal stakeholders to enable the projects to progress without delay, ensuring that all reasonable requests are met in a timely efficient manner.
- To assist in the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of moderate complexity, and can obtain, extract and use existing target price / fixed rates, together with obtaining cost data from industry recognised publications e.g. SPONS & BCIS to price schemes.
- Able to assist in the preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities in accordance with methods of measurement , presentation of tender and contract documentation, attending interviews, carrying out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report.
- Interfaces with the programme manager, senior project managers, project managers and P6 planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support, to ensure that the projects are managed in accordance with the contract, and meeting the required reporting deadlines.
- Manages a programme of current workload in order that all commissions receive the relevant allocation of resource to efficiently commercially manage them.
- Assess contractor applications, along with any changes, making recommendations, raising payment certificates and preparing general correspondence on behalf of the project managers to ensure that only legitimate payments are certified.
- Liaise with the project managers to review and update the risk registers aligned with any early warnings.
- Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at a project level and supports the project delivery team, maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
- Responsible for managing and reporting change control procedures within each specific contract and ensuring that they are adhered to by all parties.
- Reviews main contractors, including subcontracts, and identifies where clauses are in breach of partner policies and guidelines, making recommendations to achieve compliance.
- Consider alternative strategies for dispute resolution of moderate complexity and prepare written arguments from a claimant or defendant perspective, making recommendations to key stakeholders on the preferred option.
- Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages / contracts utilising forms of contract such as the NEC3 suite.
- Demonstrable track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying or other relevant business discipline.
- Professional qualification and/or membership of the RICS or other relevant Chartered Institute would be an additional advantage.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of Senior Management and Stakeholders
- Expert analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decisions and reporting findings back to Clients and Internal Stakeholders.