|Job Title:||Regional Business Development Manager|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + commission and company benefits|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Our client is one of the country's leading training providers for Apprenticeships and other work-based learning programmes. They are currently looking to recruit a Regional Business Development Manager for the South Region, this is a remote role.
- To identify, nurture and cultivate the required volume of new starts within a region to ensure all LDCs have a full case load within the relevant age groups, sectors and geographies
- Support the Operations Managers within the region in terms of recruitment, training, coaching, development of the regionally based Business Development and Placement Consultants
- Identify risk and provide relevant solutions through providing accurate starts forecasts, prior planning and quarterly business development plans for the region
- To raise the profile of the company apprenticeship model to learners, employers and potential partners across the region
- To ensure starts are in line with the budget expectations provided by the ROD each month
- Develop a sustainable commercial offering; including paid for courses and the use of 24+ loans
- To identify and secure additional funding opportunities within the region
- Support the ROD and OMs to understand the LEP priorities and build a regional BD plan accordingly
- Ensure the RPCs carry out productive and pro-active daily calls and telemarketing for new business focused on vacancy and placement generation
- Make planned visits to potential customers as required
- Work alongside the Marketing team to ensure marketing campaigns, collateral and strategies are in place, understood and being maximised.
- Ensure the CRM is up to date
- Monitor the CRM to ensure all leads are being managed in a timely fashion.
- Identify new and pro-actively manage our existing key accounts
- Maintain/build relationship with schools, connexions and other stakeholders to obtain new starts
- Monitor the accuracy and quality of the new starts being identified, assessed and passed on to the LDCs
- Work in partnership with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the monthly sales tar-gets as set out by the ROD is achieved
- Develop and closely monitoring and managing a rolling 3 month regional sales plan, ensuring its delivery thereof
- Network and engage with large employers and key accounts to secure successful business links
- Understand and maximise the funding opportunities within the region
- Carry a personal starts target that is regularly met, these targets are to be agreed monthly with the ROD
- To work with industry partners and attend external agency meetings to raise the company profile and the services offered
- To strategically develop our product mix with a focus on 16-18 engagement to increase the percentage of 16-18 learners on apprenticeship programmes across the region
- To access and accurately interpret CRM data
- To ensure the RPC and RBDC team meet the requirements of their role and perform at a high level to effectively meet targets respectively for their roles and specifically in relation to the recruitment and matching of learners to employers
- To provide information and statistics as required and to manage and produce regular reporting activities
- Ensure that effective and appropriate people management and staff development takes place, seeking advice and guidance from the relevant departments as and when required
- To ensure effective recruitment, employment and retention procedures are carried out
- To organise induction programme and training for all new staff to ensure that they are equipped to meet the requirements of their roles
- To organise, manage and ensure employee appraisals and development plans are in place
- To ensure the quality of learners meets the quality strategy within the company
- Have a proactive lead generation plan whilst attend key events i.e. career fairs and school visits as required
- Network, engage and ensure effective relationships are established with employers and other key stakeholders
- Work in partnership with internal and external support teams to ensure the effective performance and delivery against targets
- To undertake any other routine tasks required by senior staff.
- Provide Information, Advice and Guidance to all customers that enables them to make informed decisions to meet their goals and objectives
- Knowledge of NVQ qualifications and NVQ code of practice requirements.
- Varied industrial/trade/professional experience both in technical and operational management.
- Established experience of working in a relevant vocational area.
- Successful leadership of at least 5 direct reports.
- Sales success, ability to manage a sales team and sound commercial knowledge.
- Vocationally specific Level 3 or equivalent
- Management qualification at a minimum of NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent) (Desirable)
- Literacy and Numeracy Skills at Level 2