|Job Title:||Renewable Energy Programme Manager|
|Location:||North East England,|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a local authority based in the North East of England.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Renewable Energy professional to drive the delivery of their long term renewable energy investment strategy.
This person would act as first point of contact for the public, councillors, area committees and other agencies, for all renewable energy strategy matters and be accountable for the co-ordination, management, and effective success of the programme.
They will be responsible for the co-ordination of professional and technical advice, priorities, procedures and operational practices across the organisation relating to the renewable energy programme.
- Successfully deliver the renewable energy programme on time and within budget ensuring compliance with corporate values and objectives.
- Direct relationship with Corporate Director as corporate sponsor and on other projects which are part of the wider programme.
- Determine, manage, delegate and direct the most effective utilisation of human (including sub-contractors), physical and financial resources required for the project to effectively achieve corporate objectives, within allocated budgets and in an imaginative and innovative way.
- To effectively manage a substantial team of professionals and managers, who will be overseeing the delivery of the programme, on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure the provision of timely and accurate advice and information on the programme.
- Read and understand the operating environment to ensure that services develop, remain viable, responsive and totally customer focused.
- Ensure that an efficient, high quality and cost effective service is delivered by private sector partners, commissioned to provide additional professional support, to ensure the delivery of the Council's agreed priorities. To provide professional advice to and develop working relationships with elected members, Executive Directors, or Heads of Service on strategic matters, relating to the programme.
- To develop, implement and operate effective and efficient, project management frameworks that ensure they are embodied in the way the Authority provides its services.
- To effectively supervise and motivate staff and individuals by co-ordinating, directing and delegating work, as appropriate, providing clear guidance and motivating staff to achieve service objectives.
- Continuously promote effective partnership arrangements, for the delivery of high quality services, through effective and constructive relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
- To be proactive in the identification of opportunities for 'value for money improvements', in resource usage and to monitor and report on the performance of all assets, including bringing forward rationalisation/expansion proposals as necessary.
- As an integral member of the Technical Services Senior Management Team, lead and fully participate in the corporate planning and management processes for the service.
- To be accountable for expenditure against allocated budgets, ensure effective spend against established targets and compliance with financial regulations.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Engineering, or appropriate technical / planning degree, together with evidence of recent relevant Management Training.
- PRINCE 2 or other project management qualification plus extensive experience.
- Evidence of experience and appreciation of cross-cutting issues and challenges.
- In-depth knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedures.
- Knowledge of current inter/national laws, regulations, policies, procedures, trends and developments.
- Commercially aware and understands the relationship between costs, quality, customer care and corporate performance assessments.
- Thorough understanding of Health & Safety legislation and the ability to produce concise but accurate risk assessments.
- Thorough understanding of contemporary issues within the service.
- Evidence of continuing professional and managerial development.
- Relevant management degree e.g. MBA, DMS
- Evidence of recent and relevant management training.
- Understands the diverse functions of a large complex public sector organisation and the relevant professional issues.
- Extensive experience in the renewable energy field.
- A breadth of work experience in selecting and applying the full range of professional methods, tools and techniques in a wide range of work solutions.
- An evidenced track record of successful management and achievement of objectives in an organisation of comparable scope and complexity.
- A demonstrable track record of leading and managing teams and delivering outcomes that require collaborative approaches both within the organisation and with external partners.
- Experience and a proven track record in the formulation and delivery of strategies and polices within an organisation of comparable scope and complexity.
- Experience and demonstrable success in the management of change and of securing the support of others in the process.
- Experience of resource management within a comparable organisation.
- A successful track record of engaging effectively with others at a senior level and building productive partnerships with key stakeholders.