|Job Title:||Senior Analyst - Wind Yield Assessment|
|Location:||North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany|
|Contact Name:||Marina Moya Gutierrez|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Senior Analyst - Wind Yield Assessment
Our client is one of the world's largest power and gas companies.
They are currently looking to recruit a Senior Analyst for their Wind Yield Assessment department.
- Apply experience and discernment in support of regional projects specifically relating to wind analysis, measurement campaigns, data quality control, wind flow modelling, and wake modelling.
- Design effective and efficient measurement campaigns to support project development and energy analysis.
- Quality control and clean measurement data (met masts and remote sensing devices) while applying discernment and automation.
- Perform analysis on large data sets including but not limited to imputation of data gaps, selective averaging, long-term adjustment, shear, turbulence, and air density.
- Apply with expert skill a suite of wind flow and wake models to specific projects within the development pipeline. Evaluate competing results and apply most representative technical outcome.
- Prepare site conditions as input into turbine supplier site suitability analysis.
- Navigate project constraints to optimize proposed wind farm production or cost of energy production. Such optimizations include interdepartmental collaboration, desktop optimization, field observations, and micrositing.
- Perform uncertainty analysis on energy production estimates.
- Report analysis methods and results in a concise customer friendly matter.
- Validate pre-construction energy estimates with operational data and implement improvements to pre-construction analysis technique.
- Project manage and/or technically support department improvement or research & development programs with a goal of maintaining industry leading technical standards.
- Accountable for maximizing the project value while honouring procedures & guidelines to assure procedural harmonization and standardization.
- Master of Science in Meteorology, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a closely related field.
- Minimum three years' experience in wind analysis demonstrating technical proficiency with a wide variety of industry standard software, and discernment.
- Ability to make technical decisions, set analysts strategy, and guide/mentor junior analysts.
- Sound commercial knowledge.
- Self-motivated with ability to maintain high performance.
- Ability to complete complex tasks with a minimum of supervision and a minimum of rework.
- Capable of working effectively in high pressure situations and problem solver.
- Strong communication skills on technical issues.
- Collaborative nature, resilient, team oriented, interdisciplinary.
- Experienced in international business culture.
- English (business fluent). Beneficial: German, Swedish, or Spanish.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information please contact Marina Moya Gutierrez +44(0)1202 888 986 ext.265