|Job Title:||Senior Bid Manager - Waste Management|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Vivian|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
You will manage the development and completion of tenders for both public and private sector bids for a range of waste and associated projects.
They will also organise and lead a "Project Team" and/or "Bid Team" to ensure all required information is made available, collated, relevant and produced in such a manner that all the tender requirements are compliant with the Request for Proposal (RfP) / Invitation to Tender (ITT) Documents.
- Perform the initial review of the RfP/ITT documents to establish the scope of work, the tender schedule and the composition of the tender team. Clarify any item(s) with the Client that are unclear from the initial review.
- Establish the roles and expectations of the tender team members with due regard to the scope of work and the tender schedule.
- Plan tender reviews and submittal programme according to the procedures and Clients requirements.
- Participate in all tender stage gate meetings, whether external Client/Clarification meetings or internal.
- Ensure that all relevant data and information compiled is considered and made available to all tender team members during the development of the tender.
- Manage clarifications, tender submittal, and post-submittal clarifications, etc.
- Liaise with all tender team members, Country Managing Directors and other Senior Managers to disseminate information, to ensure accuracy and compliance with client requirements and the commercial strategy and to compile operational and financial data for bid submissions.
- Competitively price formal tenders for a range of waste management projects and related services.
- Review documents by tender team members for accuracy.
- Ensure completed submissions are of the required internal and external company standards.
- Mentor the development of the bid manager/s and others.
- Assist commercial and technical managers in negotiations and clarifications.
- Prepare business strategies and plans, for the Tendering Team.
- Carry out market research at a micro/macro levels and applies/makes recommendations to the team's business model.
- Analyse industry and market environments at a macro level and relate this specifically to the business.
- Prepare presentations, extensive reports and documents.
- Maintain various databases with information on: markets, suppliers, customers, industries and polices.
- Participate in additional ad-hoc projects for the business.
- Responsible for the compliance of tenders with all local regulation, legislation and industry best practice, (including but not limited to Health and Safety, Environment and Quality).
- Responsible for project feedback where we have been successful or un-successful.
- Identifies future opportunities by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Screens potential business deals by analysing market strategies, contractual requirements, potential, and financials - evaluating options, and resolving internal priorities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, (waste industry events, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organisations).
- Enhances the reputation of the organisation by accepting responsibility for accomplishing new and different requests, and adding value.
- Educated to degree standard and expected to have a good knowledge and extensive experience in a related waste management field.
- Knowledge of Procurement Processes an advantage.
- Must have a general understanding of commercial, financial and contractual requirements.
- Must have excellent PC skills, including but not limited to: MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service and writing skills.
- Demonstrable proactive approach, with strong influencing and negotiation skills. Experience in complex bid estimation and bid preparation, including operational and financial modeling and forecasting.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills: the ability to analyse various information sources e.g. statistics, market data, business records, financials, and business reports and media information.
- Experience of active participation in waste industry forums and groups.
- Build and manage relationships with customers, internal 'clients' and external advisors/consultants.
- Organised with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Work flexibly within the team.
- Exhibits presence and confidence.
- Act in a confidential manner when dealing with all company activities.
- Experience in cost control and research methodologies.
- Knowledge of environmental industries.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining high quality standards of work.
- Ability to manage a team and to set work tasks within clearly defined time-frames.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management, especially the corporate team.
- Excellent negotiation, organization and problem solving skills.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Fluency in another language is desirable.
- Capable of dealing with high stress levels resulting from continual deadlines.
We look forward to receiving your application.