|Job Title:||Senior Consultant - Sustainability/Human Rights|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Ossowska|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Corporate Sustainability/Human Rights Consultant
Our client has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Consultant, who will be keen to make a real impact on how companies do business, to join their team in central London. There you will have the chance to work with many of the world's leading companies and brands across a wide range of sectors.
The sustainability team delivers a wide range of services therefore you must have particular expertise in strategy and advisory work with either sustainability report writing and/or human rights.
Your role will involve managing teams to deliver high quality projects, provide excellent service for clients and develop and maintain new and existing relationships.
You will be expected to work across a range of sustainability services, which include:
- Human rights
- Strategy services including materiality analysis, benchmarking, stakeholder engagement, and support to companies' governance arrangements for sustainability
- Sustainability report writing
- Stakeholder engagement
- Training and capacity building on sustainability
- Green bonds
- Sustainability report assurance
- Enterprise risk management
You will be expected to manage project teams as well as helping to grow business through the following activities:
- Ensuring projects are executed to clients' expectations, on time, on budget and to the company's quality standards
- Understanding conflicting stakeholder needs and developing solutions to address these
- Managing and communicating effectively with your project teams and clients
- Introducing services from your own/existing disciplines to new clients and new services to existing clients
- Proactively seek to identify real client needs, developing tailored solutions and selling these to new and existing clients
- Writing thought leadership for the team to be published internally and externally
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong interest and demonstrable experience in corporate sustainability and risk management.
- Proven track record in sales and business development, ideally within a consultancy environment.
- Ability to manage a number of projects in parallel, often with conflicting demands and timelines.
- Ability to work in an international team, delivering high quality written outputs within agreed time periods.
- Outstanding communicator, with excellent research and analytical skills.
- Plans and executes work with required quality and within agreed schedule and budget.
- Able to clearly delegate tasks and provide sufficient guidance, support and feedback on performance to team.
- Communicates in a clear, open, active and honest manner and seeks understanding of other views.
- Able to line manage Consultants and provide coaching and development.
- Willingness to work with clients in a range of sectors, including tobacco, defence and nuclear.
- Willingness to travel and work around the UK and overseas.
- Academic qualifications relevant to sustainability subject areas, including, ideally, a sustainability-related Master's degree.
For further information about this job, please contact Chris Saunby at Allen & York on 01202
888986. We look forward to receiving your application.