|Job Title:||Senior Design Engineer - Rail|
|Location:||UK - England - North Yorkshire, York|
|Salary:||£35,000 - £45,000 + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Our client's rail team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's highest profile, most complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works. The team is currently working on behalf of Network Rail, Rail Operating Companies and Contractors throughout the UK on GRIP 2 to GRIP 8 phases of major infrastructure projects, designing and engineering complex technical solutions to meet and exceed their client's needs.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing skills and knowledge base.
- Assisting with the preparation of appropriate project related documentation.
- Preparing and checking drawings, technical specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as relevant standards and codes.
- Participating in the resolution of technical issues.
- Mentoring and supervising junior members of the team.
- MEng / MSc Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering (ICE or IStructE accredited).
- At an advanced stage in working towards or having achieved Chartered Professional Membership with the ICE or IStructE.
- Familiarity with British Standards & Eurocodes.
- Previous experience in a similar position and ideally having worked on rail projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive attitude.
You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives.
If you are keen to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, please get in touch.