|Job Title:||Senior Ecologist|
|Salary:||£32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Amy James|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Senior Ecologist / Principal Ecologist
Home Based - Southern England or Midlands - UK Travel
Allen & York are currently working with a growing consultancy that is looking to expand their team with an experienced Senior / Principal Ecologist. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation.
You will have proven experience in the preparation, co-ordination and management of a number of ecological based projects having demonstrable knowledge of legislation, best practice guidance and the UK planning system.
You will be a full member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Managers (CIEEM), hold at least one protected species license (preferably bat or great crested newt) and be a specialist in a particular ecological field.
Main responsibilities of the Senior Ecologist / Principal Ecologist
Carrying out and coordinating a wide range of habitat and species surveys whilst demonstrating a good knowledge of British flora and fauna. You will be required to liaise with clients, develop existing relationships and win new business followed up by writing reports and working well alongside a variety of people.
This company pride themselves on encouraging employees to develop both personally and professionally and this opportunity will allow you to become part of a country wide enthusiastic, friendly and professional team.
Experience, skills and about you
- At least 4 years previous experience in ecological consultancy is essential
- Relevant degree in ecology or related field
- Good team player, with the ability to work independently (From Home)
- Good knowledge and understanding of wildlife legislation and policy in England, Scotland & Wales
- Full Member of CIEEM
- Bat or Great Crested Newt license essential
- Full UK driving license
- Species mitigation and preparation of license application method statements
- Co-ordinating and undertaking habitat and protected species surveys
- Management of projects
- Production of tenders and reports
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to write technical chapters suitable for inclusion within an Environmental Statement.
- Attend meetings on behalf of projects
- Help develop more junior members of the ecology team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will need live in the Midlands area of England or Southern England and be prepared to travel nationally and happy to work away from home for prolonged periods.
Salary and Benefits Package
£32,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience + Company Car
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information please contact Amy James 01202 888 986