|Job Title:||Senior Ecologist|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £32000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Amy James|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
A senior Ecologist is needed to join a leading sustainability consultancy, either in London or Manchester but will support projects throughout the UK and occasionally beyond. The large multi-disciplinary consultancy work in partnership with thier customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. The reputation for producing innovative solutions, they offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work in return.
The role will involve project management and implementation of ecological surveys, consultation, assessment and mitigation in support of our clients' proposals and operations. The production of high quality reports, including Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Species Reports, Ecological Impact Assessments and ecological input to Environmental Statements will be a key feature of the role. The individual will be expected to apply for and oversee protected species licences for their areas of expertise, liaise with clients and prepare fee proposals. The position will also involve managing the technical work of more junior staff and sub-consultants, guided and supported by the Ecology Lead.
- A degree in a relevant subject, such as ecology or other biological sciences with a wildlife focus, and ideally a relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Full membership of CIEEM, and ideally chartered (e.g. CEnv or CEcol)
- Relevant experience in ecological impact assessment in support of EIA
- Experience of planning and conducting ecological surveys, including Phase 1 habitat survey and protected species surveys and providing mitigation recommendations.
- At least one protected species survey licence.
- Experience of applying for and holding licences for protected species mitigation/conservation would be an advantage.
- Excellent report writing skills, including survey reports and Environmental Statement chapters
- A good understanding of wildlife legislation, the planning process, EIA and Habitats Regulations Assessment.
- A track-record of successful project management.
- Experience in the preparation of ecology proposals and tenders.
- Experience of ecological assessment for the water sector would be an advantage.
- A full UK driver's license would also be an advantage.
The individual must be a self-starter, working in a small and very busy team. Excellent team working skills are therefore essential together with strong communication skills, sound understanding of ecological impact assessment and a close attention to detail. Whilst fieldwork skills are important for this role, there will be a large component of coordination, data presentation and report writing.
You will join a fast-paced and challenging environment offering the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, offered is an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Please contact Amy James at Allen & York for further details.