|Job Title:||Senior Ecologist|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands, Staffordshire|
|Contact Name:||Katie Pereira|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Are you a Senior Ecologist with experience of working on large, prestigious projects and managing numerous variables at any one time? Are you looking for a new challenge with an established company and the potential to really drive your career forward? If so, read on...
My client - a global, multidisciplinary engineering company with a strong construction arm - is looking for a Senior Ecologist to join their growing business and work within their rail division.
The following skills and attributes are required for you to be suitable for this role:
- a relevant first degree in an environmental discipline, preferably ecological
- excellent and proven Phase 1, and extended Phase 1 survey skills, combined with Phase 2 and River Corridor surveys
- one or more protected species licenses
- experience of writing the ecological chapter of Environmental Management Plans and reviewing techncial reports
- a sound understanding of UK environmental legislation and conservation law, together with experience of working within the planning system
- you will have experience of writing EPSM licenses for either bats, GCN or dormice
- experience of implementing mitigation measures
- you will have managed ecological budgets previously, coordinated and managed subcontractors
- you will have a positive attitude and be a 'project enabler'
- contributing to bids and tenders
- experience working in the construction sector would be a particular advantage
- you will be a full member of IEEM
- you will hold a full UK driving license and travel throughout the UK will be required
- if you hold a CSCS card, that would be great