|Job Title:||Senior Ecologist|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £28000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Amy James|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
ALLEN & YORK are currently working with a highly reputable independent ecology consultancy who are currently seeking a Senior Ecologist to assist their Exeter ecological team.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with their well established and experienced existing team working on a variety of projects at a range of scales across the South of England.
The role will include:
You will have proven experience in carrying out field surveys including Phase one habitat surveys and various protected species surveys, writing of technical reports, providing clients with advice and guidance on technical issues, liaison and negotiation with LPA's and other statutory consultees, preparing tenders and representing the company at client meetings.
Essential skills and experience:
- BSc in relevant subject and at least four years consultancy experience
- Proven skills in project management
- Excellent verbal and communication skills including report writing and client liaison
- Thorough knowledge of wildlife legislation and the planning system with confidence to provide technical advice to clients.
- Full range of survey skills including Phase 1 and various protected species
- An ecological specialism (Bats preferably)
- Be a member of CIEEM
- Attention to detail and the ability to deliver contracts on time and to budget
- A client-focused approach where the commercial element of each project can be understood and appreciated
- The ability to work in a team or for longer periods of time alone
- Full driving license
Desirable but not essential:
- Post graduate qualification in relevant subject
- A full membership with CIEEM
- Experience of writing chapters for EIA
- Class 2 bat license
- Experience of submitting ESPL applications for bats
- Additional NE survey licenses and/or specialist survey skills e.g. birds, dormouse, invertebrates etc.
- GIS skills
As the successful candidate, you will be offered a competitive salary, ongoing professional development and a possible profit share scheme depending on experience.
For a confidential talk about the Senior Ecologist position, please call Amy James on 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.