|Job Title:||Senior Electrical Engineer - Wind & Solar|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a growing engineering consultancy.
They currently have a vacancy available for a Senior Electrical Engineer (MV/HV expert) to support their clients in the development of new wind and solar farms.
The position will be split between their growing Solar and Wind Divisions which offer technical advisory services to developers, lenders, owners, etc.
The successful candidate be responsible for providing Electrical Engineering services to Clients on major renewable energy projects at discrete stages of development. Initially assignments will be in the UK, but travel abroad will be increasingly required as the business grows, particularly around Europe.
- The successful candidate will be responsible elements of electrical assessment including:
- Grid integration of renewable generators
- Grid connection applications and utility liaison
- MV / HV equipment: substations, transformers, switchgear, cables, etc.
- Fault level calculations, protection co-ordination, load flow, transient and harmonic analysis
- Review / drafting electrical contractual specifications, assessing technical and contractual interface between renewable energy generator suppliers, BoP electrical works, network
- Project conformance with standards and grid offer, grid codes
- Assessing asset performance
- Using software to perform engineering tasks including modelling or simulation of renewable energy generation connections at MV/HV to feed into connection design
- Site inspections in the UK and abroad if necessary
- Technical checking of self and others' work
- Business development and development of new solutions / services
- Standardisation between divisions (wind, solar, etc.) and support of Directors as necessary
- Internal reporting including cost control, timesheets and invoicing
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role within the solar or wind industry (preferably both), with either a utility, consultancy, developer, contractor, or equipment supplier
- Degree level or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Specific experience working with key PV and / or wind components (modules / turbines, inverters, switchgear, transformers)
- Specific experience in maintenance / troubleshooting of complex LV industrial systems
- General technical knowledge of the design, operations and maintenance of electrical and mechanical systems for wind / solar
- Experience of electrical power systems modelling with DigSilent Power Factory (preferred) / ETAP for power flow, harmonic, short circuit analyses. Programming skills preferred. Experience of grid connection applications / agreements / offers / PPAs / relevant utilities
- Understanding of country specific grid codes and UK electrical safety requirements
- Experience of coordination and evaluation of tendering
- Strong interest in renewables
- Ability to formulate, analyse, problem solve, and communicate clearly
- Independence, flexibility, ability to prioritise / deliver under tight deadlines
- Excellent team-working / communication / IT / report-writing skills
- Solution-focussed attitude
- A knowledge of, and participation in, grid stability studies
- Previous experience in the switching and maintenance of HV equipment including performing the role of Senior Authorised Person
- Experience in reviewing PPAs
- Further education or second degree in electrical engineering or related discipline
- Experience of the delivery of a project financial close
- Detailed understanding of project development economics and project finance
- Line management experience
- Cross disciplinary experience, e.g. solar, biomass, conventional combustion technologies
- Chartered engineer with relevant industry body
- Relevant HSE and inspection qualifications, e.g. working at height, IOSH, etc.
- Membership of specialist industry groups / panels / conferences
- Expert witness at Public Inquiry / Hearing experience
- Language skills, e.g. French, Spanish, etc.
We look forward to receiving your application.