|Job Title:||Senior Energy Analyst - Onshore Wind & Solar|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Our client is a leading developer of onshore wind and solar PV in emerging markets.
They are currently recruiting for a Senior Energy Analyst to support projects worldwide.
This position requires at least 3 years' experience in wind analysis and will require significant international travel.
- Wind analysis and project design experience essential; solar experience an advantage but not required.
- Design of site-specific measurement campaigns for wind and solar sites.
- Analysis and reporting of site measurements including Meteorological masts, SODAR and LIDAR.
- Production of internal wind and solar energy production estimates.
- Management and review of third party energy production reports.
- Liaising with turbine suppliers regarding turbine suitability and solar panel manufacturers regarding technology options.
- Communication of site-specific energy production and site condition risks to project teams.
- Performing technical due diligence of potential acquisition projects.
- Contributing to the Energy Analysis Group's research and development.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in wind resource assessment.
- Graduate with an honours engineering or physical science degree as a minimum. Masters or PhD candidates preferred.
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgment.
- Programming with Python. Experience with PANDAS and SQL an advantage.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required.
- Experience in the use of WAsP and WindFarmer. PVsyst or other solar resource assessment software is an advantage.
- Experience with CFD wind flow models an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues are essential.
- Fluency in English required.
- This position will require frequent international travel.
- Full clean driving licence.