|Job Title:||Senior Energy Economist (South Africa)|
|Salary:||1.3 million - 1.5 million ZAR|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Senior Energy Economist
Allen & York’s Energy Generation team are working on the behalf of a highly regarded and established multidisciplinary consultancy who provide engineering management and development worldwide.
The successful candidate will working within the economics department of the organisation and will be expected to manage and contribute involving a range of economic and financial issues on energy matters in a global arena.
The position will involve working with projects including:
- Generation Planning & Integrated Resource Planning.
- Techno-Financial optimisation of generation and transmission capital projects.
- Tender and report preparation and presentation to clients.
- The position will involve predominantly quantitative analysis and techno-economic analysis mainly in the electricity sector.
- The successful candidate will need to take an interest in the technical aspects of the electricity/generation market.
This role will require some elements of travel for short periods usually beyond Europe.
- Masters in economics (or related field with a quantitative emphasis) and experience in economics or closely related discipline in the area of energy markets.
- Experience of working as a consultant and assignments overseas will be an advantage.
- A strong interest in energy policy and markets.
- A strong track record in modelling and quantitative analysis is essential.
- Relevant experience in this area includes electricity market/dispatch modelling, least cost expansion studies, demand forecasting, use of Monte Carlo simulation and statistical packages, optimisation principles.
- Public presentation skills, communication and report writing.