|Job Title:||Senior Engineer - Cleanwater Modelling|
|Salary:||£37000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Senior Engineer - Cleanwater Modelling
My client's organization is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and they are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector served encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration, and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
- Develop my client's current cleanwater modelling work with clients into AMP6 as part of an existing team.
- Create and develop network models to support the feasibility, scoping, designing, managing and implementation of leading edge programmes and projects.
- Support Project Managers and Team Leaders by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects is delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards.
- Flexibility will be required as there could also be the need to travel to other offices to support project delivery to other clients as appropriate.
- Working as part of a team you will be involved in a variety of schemes including model build and verification, using existing or new models to understand system performance and using the model to help the design of system improvements and enhancements to Clean Water Networks.
- Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for modelling, project design and construction.
- Supervise and plan field work investigations.
- Use appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
- Maintain communication and develop contacts with clients as required
- Plan, programme, co-ordinate and write reports for specific projects.
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced members within the team
- Complete all work in line with MWH Core Values and in accordance with MWH Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
- A member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. CIWEM, ICE.
- Technical expertise in mathematical modelling and good working knowledge of relevant modelling packages, such as Synergee, Infoworks, Epanet or InfoWater.
- Experience with water network hydraulic analysis modelling software, water demand analysis water network design and water network planning studies.
- Ability to undertake clean water model calibration.
- Working knowledge of using GIS tools is preferable (ARCGIS and MAPINFO)
- Experience in the management of staff and staff development
- Able to integrate well into a team and provide technical management over other modelling staff
- Experienced level of decision making
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Excellent client service focus
- Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task