|Job Title:||Senior Engineer - Water|
|Location:||UK - Wales - South Wales, Cardiff|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||about 15 hours ago|
Senior Engineer - Water
Do you want to join a team to deliver projects for clients such as utilities companies, Natural Resources Wales, Environment Agency and local government? Working closely with our multi-disciplinary colleagues we are involved in a wide variety of projects ranging from pumping stations, reservoirs, sewer overflows, to tidal lagoons and flooding schemes.
The successful candidate will be working between Cardiff and the client site in Newport. Due to the wide range of projects we deliver, there are opportunities to have responsibility for leading projects as well as involvement in a variety of schemes.
- Project Manage small to medium size schemes with responsibility for client relationship management, financial control and delivery.
- Imaginatively develop solutions to Welsh Water, NRW, D&B and Local Authority projects
- Prepare design calculations, reports and specifications to support their designs.
- Oversee that production of outline design and construction drawings and be responsible for the quality of these deliverables.
- Liaise with Clients, other Arup groups and members of the delivery team.
- Provide input to bid responses and project forecasting.
- Be responsible for the financial, quality and programme deliverables for their projects.
- Mentoring new graduates and apprentices
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering (or similar)
- Chartered member of the ICE or similar.
- Experience of water engineering in the UK or overseas.
- The right person should come from a back ground in consultancy and contractor experience would be an advantage.
- Appreciation and an understanding of green infrastructure solutions.
- Experience in Water modelling would be a distinct advantage.
- A team player with good oral and written communication skills
- Financially astute with effective planning and organisation skills