|Job Title:||Senior Engineer - Wind Project Development|
|Contact Name:||Marina Moya Gutierrez|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is a leading multinational independent expert advisory group that provides services to the international Renewable Energy sector.
They are currently seeking a Senior Engineer for their Project Development team at their offices in Glasgow.
- Undertake energy production assessments which include the following:
- site visits and meeting clients
- wind data processing and quality checking
- correlation analysis
- wind flow and wake modelling
- review of energy losses
- statistical analysis and produce a report
- Undertake site conditions assessments which include elements of the above but also a review of:
- extreme wind speed
- ambient and wake induced turbulence intensity
- wind shear
- temperature range
- Produce detailed reports which review the feasibility of sites for development which will include:
- feasibility studies
- site meteorological measurements
- shadow flicker assessments
- noise modelling
- visual impact assessments
- All of the above work will be undertaking following the company's best practice analytical techniques.
- Managing multiple projects to ensure they are completed within timescale and budget.
- Any other duties as directed by line management.
- Manage and conduct standard assessments mostly autonomously.
- You will be regularly involved in checking the work of others to ensure that it complies with the company's best practice techniques.
- Regular client contact and possibly acting as the primary contact person for a regular client.
- Write proposals for new work as directed by line manager.
- Participate in R&D projects as and when required.
- Take on a team level responsibility such as tool development, liaison with local meteorological office or similar.
- Assist in the training and development of less experienced members of the team.
Internal/ External relationships:
- Manager: reporting, decision-making and issue escalation.
- Clients and stakeholders for projects varied and geographically spread within the wind industry market (UK, Ireland & Scandinavia). Regular contact through email and telephone exchanges will be required with occasional meetings and site visits.
- External organisations/professionals review of methodologies and discussion of best practice approaches where appropriate.
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree in mechanical or environmental engineering, physics, atmospheric science or mathematics field or equivalent
- Proven experience in wind resource assessments
- Proven experience either in consultancy or developer environment
- Aptitude for statistical analysis of data
- Ability to write and compose clear and accurate reports in English and local language when necessary
- Good organisational and effective time management skills as you will be required to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work in a pressurised consultancy environment operating to tight timescales.
- Exposure and familiarity with wind energy industry software and measurement techniques, e.g. Windfarmer
- Fluency in other languages desirable
- Background in CFD desirable
For further information please contact Marina Moya on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.