|Job Title:||Senior M&E Construction Manager (contract)|
|Contact Name:||Victoria Kenrick|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Senior M&E Construction Manager (contract)
Our client is soon starting the delivery of a very large multi-£M energy saving retrofit project within the healthcare sector, and as such immediately require a Senior M&E Construction Manager for a 12 month contract.
The project will deliver energy saving and carbon-saving solutions tailored to the client's needs, through the planned installation of a variety of M&E retrofit technologies.
The role involves working closely with stakeholders and senior management to fulfil the project, therefore experience of successfully delivering complex energy saving retrofits is required. This role is technically challenging and will involve overseeing work within heat, cooling and power security of supply within a complex existing mechanical and electrical infrastructure. Measures include a large energy centre refit, lighting re-fits, HVAC modifications, solar PV, controls optimisations etc.
You will be getting involved from tender stage and then be in charge of managing pre-construction duties, trouble-shooting design issues with technical support, working with the senior commercial team in appointing the specialist M&E subcontractors, developing and managing the construction site teams and managing works effectively through the construction stages to commissioning and final handover to the Operations team.
- Ensure procedures are adhered to and the planned works are delivered on time to the highest quality and safety.
- Ownership of the procurement, construction and commissioning project schedules, driving performance against target ,with monthly project reporting review activities
- You will be actively managing and driving the 'pre-construction' activity and site mobilisation phases
- Drive and influence the Tender Review and Contractor Selection process
- Ensure zero-reportable accidents/incidents throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure Permit to work system in place and robust
- Regular correspondence with the Senior Leadership team
- Effectively manage the defined and agreed project constraints of Time, Cost, Quality, Scope and Safety, are your key objectives
- Responsible for ensuring the construction phase H&S plan and site logistics plan are in place, site specific and deliverable
- Chairing monthly contractor risk reduction reviews to actively manage supply chain issues and risks
- Efficient co-ordination of package/logistic managers to perform their daily duties in organizing and commissioning works packages
- Build productive relationships with the sub contractors and suppliers
Desirable skills and competencies
- Substantial M&E building services site management experience hospital experience preferred
- An industry-applicable technical degree, HND or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Relevant H&S qualifications (IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management, relevant
- CSCS card and First Aid training).
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills
- Proactive approach to dealing with clients and/or suppliers
- Passion/can do attitude/constructive challenge.
- MS Project proficient
- NEBOSH Managing H&S in Construction
- Current and clean full UK driving license
- NEC contracts administration experience
This is a 12 month fixed-term contract on a day rate.
For more information about this role please contact Bo Derkx at Allen & York
We look forward to receiving your application