|Job Title:||Senior Manager Energy Consultancy|
|Location:||South West England,|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Holly Maslin|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Senior Manager Energy Consultancy
We currently have a great opportunity for a Senior Manager to join a leading sustainability company in the South West.
You will be responsible for the development and growth of profitable consultancy business streams which transform the built environment and organisations' operations to be more energy and carbon efficient. You will take the lead on strategic development, client acquisition and management, building networks and company profile, having overall operational and profit responsibility for client relationships.
You will also build internal capacity for best practice consultative selling, project management, and for direct reports' career and performance management.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the companies consultancy offerings, including developing new winning market offerings that position the company competitively within the market;
- New client engagements at senior levels in medium-to-large companies resulting in profitable sales;
- Representation at industry events to build personal and company profile;
- Management and sponsorship of existing and new clients;
- Building networks of potential clients/govt/trade associations etc; speaking at conferences;
- Active participation in the Senior Management Team, including briefings, capacity building and finance sessions to ensure open communication channels and awareness of critical activities;
- Frequent representation and engagement with the Board, including Board papers and presentations;
- Building capacity for consultancy projects management and technical delivery;
- Manage career performance plans for 6-8 direct line management reports
Key Performance Indicators:
- Sales targets;
- Customer satisfaction feedback;
- Client and project profitability;
- Staff retention.
- Annual appraisal and quarterly review process
- Experience working in civil/mechanical and electrical engineering related with buildings in a senior role;
- Proven ability to lead multi-disciplined teams and drive strong performance in a fast changing sector;
- Track record of consultative selling leading to the acquisition and management of large clients;
- Experience of working in a 'customer-led' environment;
- Experience in performance driven line management.
- A marketer's viewpoint: seeing market segments and their needs and creating relevant solutions;
- Excellent commercial understanding;
- Strong understanding of principles of project management, planning and organising
- Excellent working knowledge of financial methods, particularly profit and loss accounts and budgets;
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Executive guidelines and changes therein to guide the Company's compliance in H&S and those set out for clients.
Industry profile, networks and connections
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally (for networking, dealing with staff issues and presenting ideas) and in writing (to present reports, set objectives, write letters);
Advanced applied use of MS Office
- Advanced degree level in a relevant discipline, ideally an MBA;
- First degree in engineering or relevant subject;
- Chartered status from relevant institutions (e.g. CIBSE, ImechE, Energy Institute…etc)
For further information about this job, please contact Bo Derkx at Allen & York on 01202 888986.
We look forward to receiving your application.