|Job Title:||Senior Manager, Sustainable Energy Futures|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Our client is a key stakeholder in the UK Gas and Electricity markets.
They are currently have a vacancy available for a Senior Manager within their Sustainable Energy Futures team, which focuses on horizon scanning in order to understand the drivers, (un)certainties and impact of energy system changes and how they impact consumers and the regulatory framework.
They are seeking an experienced and motivated individual with substantial relevant experience to drive forward this work on horizon scanning as well as contributing to the wider work of the team. It is a high profile position with exposure to senior internal and external stakeholders. It is an opportunity to help shape future regulatory priorities. There is an opportunity to develop the scope and focus of the role into other energy regulation policy areas over time.
Key Outputs and Deliverables
- Delivery of annual horizon scanning process, including:
- Development of a conceptual framework (theory of change, target operating model, etc.) for horizon scanning service
- Identification and analysis of relevant internal and external materials
- Internal stakeholder engagement (e.g. internal governance, development of internal regulatory policy communities, hosting workshops and meetings)
- External stakeholder engagement (e.g. establishing and interacting with a senior external advisory board, developing and running workshops and engaging external stakeholders)
- Developing regulatory scenarios (including theories of harm and consumer benefit) and recommendations for regulatory remedies.
- Designing internal policy engagement, co-development, review and sign-off mechanisms.
- Presenting information to internal governance bodies
- Prioritising projects for the annual business planning process
- Publishing external documents (including insight documents, factsheets, consultation documents, etc.)
- Co-developing new policy and regulatory projects with other teams
- Responsible for ensuring the organisation is aware of latest relevant developments
- Responsible for ensuring high quality and timely analysis across a range of functions
- Responsible for high-quality written deliverables such as briefings, guidance, quality assurance and external publications
- Responsible for the successful management of projects
- Lead on the internal stakeholder engagement and collaborative working
- Represent the department at external stakeholder meetings
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Relevant technical competency - we are interested in candidates with competency in one (or more) of the following:
- Excellent strategy development, policy and analytical skills
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management experience - particularly designing and leading internal and external stakeholder engagement workshops, but also engaging with senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Energy system modelling
- Energy engineering (gas or electricity)
- Energy commercial / trading experience
- Horizon scanning or equivalent experience
- Sector and technical knowledge: knowledge of energy regulation
- Development or implementation of a change management or knowledge management strategy
- Complex programme or project management