|Job Title:||Senior Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, Surrey - Egham|
|Contact Name:||George Blezard|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Specific duties to be undertaken by the employee will include but not be limited to the following:
- Prepare designs and calculations for engineering systems in buildings using company approved software and calculation sheets.
- Prepare reports on engineering systems in buildings.
- Represent the company and attend project design and site meetings, inspect and report on installation works/survey installations. Maintain contact with clients and other members of the design team to ensure project success and good client relationships.
- Respond to queries and co-ordinate designs with design team members and contractors as necessary as well as providing assistance to other members of staff to assist specific deadlines.
- Carry out tasks in order of priority to ensure that project and client programmes are maintained.
- Prepare budget cost estimates for project designs and comment on contractor's costing.
- Carry out works necessary to arrange for the installation and/or upgrading of incoming statutory services supplies.
- Obtain approval from the relevant statutory authorities, landlords and other relevant parties of the company's engineering designs.
- Inspect and comment upon contractor proposals and installation details.
- Witness and certificate the testing and commissioning of all the engineering systems.
- Inspect/monitor the provisions of as fitted drawings and O & M manuals.
- Liaise with the company's CAD staff to ensure production of CAD drawings to suit the project programmes.
- Ensure all documentation is produced, issued and filled in accordance within the company requirements associated with hard copy and digital filing.