|Job Title:||Senior Planning Consultant|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Senior Planning Consultant
A chance to work for a leading private consultancy who prides itself on employee development, working on large scale, complex and exciting projects in a supportive and cooperative environment in Oxfordshire.
Our client is an innovative multi-disciplinary practice combining Architects, Town Planners and Urban Designers who pride themselves on being creative, sustainable, and client focused and have recently been awarded the Investors in People Gold accreditation. They are leading on the development of some nationally significant projects, including an entirely new settlement in the South of the UK. Due to the number of new promotions and schemes, they are currently looking to expand quite significantly to support their current work load. As such they require a Senior Planning Consultant to join their team.
The role of Senior Planning Consultant
You will be providing first class Town and Country Planning advice, including development control and planning policy to clients across the UK. You will be working on large scale development projects with a first class organisation.
This role also gives you opportunity to mentor and supervise more junior members of staff, as well as be extremely client facing. You will be involved in every step of the process giving you real ownership over your projects and project management exposure, giving you the experience you need to step up in your career
Key job responsibilities:
- Promote projects with minimum supervision, acting as Project Administrator as appropriate.
- Develop client relationship by providing advice upon strategy and progress of projects.
- Research relevant planning history associated with commissions.
- Evaluate development proposals having regard to the provisions of the Development Plan and Central Government guidance.
- To research the preparation of Development Plan Documents, to identify the key dates when documents are to be prepared and published by local authorities for public comment and to submit representations in respect of the soundness of such documents in accordance with clients' requirements.
- Liaise with clients to advise them upon potential success of a development proposal and the progress of a current project.
- To prepare planning, and other, application submissions for development opportunities to include pre-application meetings with Officers of Local Planning Authority and co-ordinating other professionals involved in the project. Monitoring of the application through the local planning authority Development Control process in accordance with quality procedures.
- To administer all aspects of the enforcement process where required by clients.
- To manage all types of planning appeals including preparation of evidence and co-ordinating other professionals involved, including preparing and presenting evidence at Informal heading and Public Inquiries.
- Maintain membership of the RTPI and a programme of CPD in line with RTPI requirements.
To be considered for the role of Senior Planner
- You have a degree and postgraduate degree in a relevant subject
- Full Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- At least 3 years PQE public or private sector experience is acceptable
- Full Knowledge and expertise of the UK Town planning process and policies
Interested in the role of Senior Planner? Get in touch;
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss the role of Town Planning Consultant in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr - Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!