|Job Title:||Senior Planning Policy Officer - Essex|
|Salary:||£32000.00 - £36000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Battson|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Senior Planning Policy Officer - Essex
£32,000 - £36,000 per annum
Are you a talented Planner with experience in Policy and the drive to progress?
A top performing council in Essex are looking for a Senior Planning Policy Officer to join their highly successful team. This offers a motivated candidate the opportunity to build on previous work, and implement your research in a complex and fascinating process.
The right Policy Planner will be involved in a broad range of applications, with a council that offers each member of the team the opportunity to work on a mix of both major and minor plans, culminating in a distinctly varied and interesting workload.
In return, the team offers a competitive salary, highly flexible working hours/ location with immediate and continuous progression opportunities.
- To prepare and implement local development plan documents and prepare reports on these matters to the appropriate Committees of the Council.
- To consider new and emerging national planning policy and development plans, assess implications for the Council and respond to these proposals as required.
- To prepare evidence and participate in Development Plan Examination and appeal evidence.
- To obtain practical working experience in all aspects of Sustainable Development functions.
- To monitor development progress, for inclusion in the Annual Monitoring Report.
- To assess planning applications and pre-application proposals against the Council's policies and provide policy responses to these.
- To lead on projects such as commissioning external work or producing and publishing documents.
- Planning degree or equivalent qualification and eligibility for RTPI Membership
- Planning experience in Local Government, Central Government, or private practice
- Experience of Sustainability Appraisal process
- Understanding of Planning Policy issues
- Ability to interpret plans and understand related information
- Ability to prepare clear written reports/statements fit for the relevant audience
Interested? Get in touch!