|Job Title:||Senior Policy Analyst|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Our client is a key stakeholder in the UK Gas and Electricity Markets.
They currently have an exciting vacancy available for a Senior Policy Analyst working within their Gas Networks Division.
It's an exciting time for regulation in the gas network sector as there are significant challenges and uncertainties in both the demand for and supply of gas over the next decade. This position will play a key in answering some of the key questions regarding the future of gas networks and the role of gas in the future UK energy mix.
Key Outputs and Deliverables
The team works in a matrix style which means you will be contributing to various interesting projects within the team. These may include the following:
- Ensure the regulated network companies undertake their activities in an efficient manner and deliver the agreed outputs
- The development of policy analysis and recommendations in relation to the gas networks for example on RIIO Gas Network Innovation Competitions, Mid period review of RIIO Gas and Transmission price controls, Policy on independent gas transporters, Xoserve etc.
- Assessing network companies' submissions to justify the need for investment and setting the appropriate level of investment
- Play a key role in the monitoring and compliance of gas network companies' performance for price-control related topics
- Contribute to the analysis of industry codes/charging methodologies and related change proposals, developing recommendations and drafting decision letters
- Proactively engage with relevant internal and external stakeholders on projects;
- Communicate your findings - orally and in writing - in ways that cut through the complexity and deliver clear, high-impact messages, including on controversial issues.
- Represent the organisation at various fora and work with key internal and external stakeholders, whose views and interest may not always coincide.
- Contribute to high quality and timely analysis/evaluation of policy options
- Contribute effectively to written deliverables (internal and external) such as reports and regulatory decisions
- Ensure clear communication (internally and externally) on own policy areas and on policy more generally
- Potential for line management responsibilities
- Study: 2:1 degree in Economics, Accountancy, Engineering or other relevant analytical subject.
- Analysis: Experience in analysing quantitative and qualitative information to support conclusions
- Written communication: Very high level of written analytical and communication skills; a proven ability to grasp complex regulatory frameworks, analyse legal/regulatory documents, identify key policy issues and draft concise documents for senior managers and external audiences.
- Verbal Communication: Strong verbal communication skills, including ability to represent the organisation credibly with external stakeholders.
- Independent working: Demonstrated ability to take initiative to present solutions to policy problems, think creatively, plan and prioritise tasks and ensure that key outputs are delivered to a high standard and in a timely manner
- IT skills: Good Microsoft Office skills, including the ability to develop Excel workbooks' for information management.
- Team work: Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and across the division on multiple projects.
- Experience of working in government or regulation and making policy recommendations
- Experience of reviewing, analysing and reporting on complex datasets, business plans or management reports