|Job Title:||Senior Product Development Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Holly Maslin|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a leading global engineer and technology company. Their mobility division focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Sector comprises the divisions Building Technologies, Low and Medium Voltage, Mobility and Logistics, Rail Systems and Smart Grid.
The Senior Product Development Engineer will be working as part of a busy and professional team, involved with the design, test, prototyping as well as management of new products in addition to assistance with the product's production. The designs will be robust and of high quality meeting Global and/or European legislation.
What are my responsibilities?
- Undertake the design of a range of electrical/electronic hardware to meet supplied specification using a variety of tools such as Mentor DC
- Ensure the design, construction and testing targets are met to ensure successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved
- Producing associated documentation as required for the successful delivery of a project
- Working closely with embedded firmware engineers
- EMC, Safety and environmental conformance of design
- Associated functional testing
- Assist in the preparation of technical documentation for the purpose of tendering of bids
- Perform duties as directed by management from time to time, including site works
- Educated to degree (or equivalent) Electrical/Electronic engineering
- Experience with design of embedded system and control boards for a range of traffic functions e.g. control, sensing and communication
- Experience with all disciplines from top level design through to detailed design, and verification.
- Experience of research into new technologies and evaluation thereof.
- Direct knowledge of product validation leading to CE or UL certification.
- Full UK Driving Licence
Proven knowledge in one or more of the following areas would be desirable;
Switch-mode power supply design of both isolated and non-isolated topologies.
Experience of designing electrical power systems to BS7671 with qualifications to at least C&G 2394&2395 or ideally to C&G 2396
Embedded firmware design experience particularly in C/C++/FPGA/VHDL
Experience in high-speed digital design (processor clock > 500 MHz, memory bus > 200 MHz)
Our client offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.