|Job Title:||Senior Project Manager|
|Location:||West Midlands, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£55000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Actively looking for a Senior Project Manager within Rail to join a reputable global organisation that is currently expanding.
As the Senior Project Manager you will lead Rail Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex projects. You will also act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
Key Responsibilities as the Senior Project Manager:
- Advising at a strategic level at the project conception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client's overall objectives
- Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- A thorough understanding of the total project life cycle, from dealing with strategic issues at conception stage, through all of the operational stages to completion and post-project review
- Excellent knowledge and experience of all of the main project management concepts, tools and techniques
- Experience of leading project management commissions for medium to large sized construction projects of medium to high complexity
- Excellent knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering
- Experience of managing the financial aspects of a project
- Extensive practical experience of administering contracts under NEC forms will be a distinct advantage
- Preferably degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline, project management or surveying.
- Chartered/Associate or full membership of an appropriate professional institution
Our client is offering a competitive salary + benefits and career progression opportunity. You will be part of a friendly, well established team and be part of a global organisation.
Please note that the salary is negotiable and dependant on your level of experience.
We look forward to receiving your application!