|Job Title:||Senior Project Manager - Offshore Wind|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a global leader in Wind Power.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful execution and performance of Offshore Wind Power contracts. This will be for variable or fixed scopes including pre acquisition activities, planning, execution and financial management of contract implementation through to final account, meeting the required standard of quality (time, budget, functionality) and ensuring business success and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate support to customer decision-making processes and provides regular information on project progress
- Contributes to creation of additional business opportunities out of the ongoing project
- Maintains project planning tool for efficient scheduling of work packages and critical path management
- Responsible for project documentation to customer satisfaction
- Analyses project contract for identification, assessment and mitigation of project risk factors
- Contribute to solving issues and problems (identification, analysis, actions and controlling) with all necessary internal and external partners
- Identifies and minimizes non-conformance costs
- Supports risk monitoring in all project phases
- Throughout project life cycle identifies all opportunities for improving results
- Contribute to planning, execution, management and monitoring of the safety culture throughout the project
- Assist in adherence to CDM and other legislative requirements for the project, including documentation.
- Support implementation, maintenance and communication of the strict adherence to the organisation's environmental, health and safety (Zero Harm) and security procedures.
- Support and encourage monitoring of subcontractor, supplier and site team regime of safety audit, inspection and progress meetings to drive a continually improving safety culture
- Contribute to collation, communication and improvement of project safety performance to encourage an open and continually improving safety culture.
- Collate feedback and pursue WTG snagging issues and design safety improvement requirements to ensure customer and legislative compliance of project.
- Contributes to the identification of claims
- Assesses contracts in terms of claim-relevant significance
- Puts the strategy for making/mitigating claims rigorously into practice
- Identifies to project manager scope deviations
- Contributes to negotiations on making/mitigating claims
- Supports selection and management of subcontractors/partners according to defined criteria
- Monitors the performance of the subcontractors/partners, conducts timely escalation (in the event of qualitative shortfalls and problems in cooperation) and, where there are any discrepancies, initiates timely suitable action
- Performs component, logistic and ancillary resource configuration to ensure the correct order supply to the project
- Performs site planning with Construction, production, tools, supply chain, transport and installation resources and engineering departments to ensure the timely and efficient preparation of site mobilisation and project execution.
- Throughout installation phase manages site requirements with the project team and supporting departments.
- Contributes to optimization of project profitability
- Performs regular cost controls in conjunction with project commercial management
- Supports site resource and component invoicing according to project progress
- Coordinates procedures and requirements concerning quality management (audits, test seals, acceptance checks) according to Q gate system
- Manages acceptance of delivery units and services, coordinating quality controls
- Organizes customer acceptance tests and final project handover to contract partner(s)
- Coordinates targeted and full communication within the project team in support of the project manager
- Coordinates lessons learned process with project team
- Maintains project data management system in accordance with PM processes
- Provides input in the context of PMP (Performance Management Process)
- Seeks active feedback (e.g. from members of staff, managers, customers)
- Motivates the project team
- Seeks and actively utilizes sources of information, knowledge and experience, with a view to contributing to project opportunities and improvement
- Analyzes information, knowledge and experience, and maintains accessible project records
- Coordinates project meetings and Lessons Learned on behalf of PM
- Seizes opportunities to learn from others
- Significant experience in a Commercial Customer facing role, and educated to degree level in an engineering discipline and/or a prior project management role.
- Relevant Project Management qualifications / accreditations are essential
- Significant experience in end to end Project Management of large scale, multi-disciplined engineering projects, ideally within an Offshore capacity
- Experience in Contract Management
- Planning & Project Management. Problem solving and creative thinking
- Experience in management of subcontractors
- Has had previous overall responsibilities for project teams
- Experience in People Management (Customers, Suppliers, Managers and Colleagues).
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal & written)
- Has experience of working abroad; has worked in and ideally managed teams made up of international members
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of Wind Power industry strongly preferred