|Job Title:||Senior Project Manager - Rail|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Faye Stevens|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Senior Project Manager
Our client, a global consultancy who provide comprehensive engineering services to the rail industry, have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to become a key member of their rail team.
You will deliver a large and complex engineering multi-disciplinary project or a portfolio of smaller projects by leading multi-office, multi-disciplinary teams encompassing:
Compliance with the scope, providing the deliverables that enable the client to ultimately realise the project benefits.
Ensuring all work complies with agreed standards (quality and specification).
Ensuring work is delivered on schedule to the agreed budget and ensure any exceptances are escalated through the appropriate channels
Maintain client relationships and keep the client informed of progress and what the current status of the project means in terms of completion.
Deliver a safe working culture within project teams that you are responsible for and promote safety within all aspects of your work
Train and mentor your teams so that we can add further value to our client offering
- Understand your client's requirements and the impact of the success factors of the project. Ensure you are able to meet the scope with defined completion criteria
- Assemble your key team resources to deliver the project(s), and manage and motivate this group to achieve the required results.
- Use your team to develop a schedule by identifying the activities which will produce the products. Identify the dependencies between these activities, and define the stages to ensure that we deliver quality.
- Some involvement in wider activities may be required, including preparing fee estimates, resourcing the programmes, identifying and managing risk
- Regularly monitor progress at a frequency which affords you the opportunity to take action to troubleshoot issues and get the project back on track: Measure revenue, productivity and quality.
- Maintain excellent communication: Keep the client, your team, and your MoP (Manager of Projects) informed.
- Be an aspirational leader, keep your team involved, motivated and challenged. Communicate with them effectively and check their progress regularly
- Implement a change management process
- Extensive Project Management experience of leading heavy and/or metro rail project multi-disciplinary design teams
- Extensive experience in design and construct rail projects
- Ability to operate within various forms of contract
- Excellent communication skills with Clients and design team members
- Membership of a recognised Project Management Association or Institution, i.e. APM or PMI. or Chartered Engineer
In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive salary, up to 32 days holiday inclusive of national and public holidays, contributory pension scheme and a varied and flexible benefits programme including options for additional holiday and private health insurance.
For further information please call Lisa on 01202 888968. We look forward to receiving your application.