|Job Title:||Senior PWAY Engineer|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Faye Stevens|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Senior PWAY Engineer
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Senior PWAY Engineer to join a global engineering organisation in their rapidly expanding rail group. As a senior PWAY Engineer you will play a key role in the design team and will support the Discipline Lead on multi-disciplinary project work and play a key role in the business development of the team.
You will have proven design experience and have previously worked with a maintenance or renewals contractor and are now looking to progress your career into senior management. Here you will have the chance to prove your technical and analytical skills and be involved at a higher, strategic level.
- Oversee technical aspects of track design work undertaken by the design team
- Review the work of other team members
- Undertake Permanent Way design on projects, including liaising with client D+B sub-contractors to ensure that the permanent way is fully integrated into the overall scheme.
- Carry out formal inter-disciplinary design reviews with other company design teams
- Undertake, review and ensure full compatibility of design work with appropriate standards also carry out liaison with other team members working on various elements of design projects.
- Develop and deliver cost effective solutions to meet the client brief
- Mentoring and development of the track team members in York
- Support to ongoing development of the PWAY Team
- Experience gained with a consultant, contractor or infrastructure controller.
- Experience of team management would be beneficial
- ONC/HND or Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering desirable
- Proficient in the use of railway design software such as Inrail, MxRail, Clear Route, Hallade, AutoCAD and Microstation
- Familiar with GEOGIS, TrackMaster and other track analysis tools, and a working knowledge of Network Rail Standards.
- Good technical and practical understanding of CAD packages used in the production of permanent way design
For further information please call Lisa Newman on 01202 888986.
We look forward to receiving your application.