|Job Title:||Senior / Principal Environmental Scientist|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Contact Name:||Jill Richmond|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
A leading UK consultancy are looking for a Senior / Principal Environmental Scientist to join their Water and Environment Team who deliver the full range of flood risk management services. They are looking for a motivated individual to help grow the team and contribute to delivery projects across England and Wales.
You will provide a significant contribution to delivering projects which will include a variety of fluvial and coastal flooding projects, as well as strategies and other projects such as housing developments and railways. You will work on delivering the environmental and EIA elements of these projects including working on both technical and management aspects.
You will ideally have
- a BSc or MSc in a relevant Environmental Science
- membership of a relevant institution with/or working towards Chartership
- skills in; EIA, Environmental Legislation, Contaminated Land, Project Work
- excellent report writing and excellent verbal skills
- experience of working in delivering EIA, working on rail projects, river and coastal project experience
- stakeholder engagement experience
- experience mentoring junior staff
- a valid driving licence
You will be asked as part of the role to develop the technical aspects of projects from feasibility to detailed design with a focus on the environmental assessment process, consultation and applying for consents and submitting planning applications.
Locations: London and West Sussex
If you would like to discuss this role further please do not hesitate to contact me: Jill Richmond: 01202 888 986.