|Job Title:||Senior / Principal Flood Risk Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Jill Richmond|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
A progressive thinking multi-disciplinary consultancy are looking for a Senior / Principal Flood Risk Specialist to join their Flood Risk and Water Management Team, working on a range of complex flood risk projects alongside other hydrologists, modellers and engineering specialists. They are looking for a motivated individual to help grow the team and contribute to delivering projects whilst guiding more junior team members.
You will provide a significant contribution to delivering work on a wide variety of projects for a range of clients and will work alongside the business development team in preparing proposals and bids.
The successful Senior / Principal Flood Risk Specialist will:
- Undertake hydraulic modelling of river, sewer or coastal processes
- Utilise Flood Estimation Handbook hydrological analysis methods, including ReFH and apply the methods to a wide range of rural and urban catchments
- Work closely with all levels of staff, establish and maintain excellent working relationships
- Be responsible for technical quality of work carried out within the team
You will ideally have
- A BSc or MSc in a relevant subject (Hydrology, Environmental Management or River Basin Dynamics)
- Experience working with the Environment Agency, developers or Local Authorities in the context
- Proficient in the use of hydraulic modelling software packages, TuFlow, ISI or Infoworks, and supporting packages such as MapInfo, ArcGIS, QGIS and or be highly proficient in hydrological analysis using FEH and ReFH.
Location: Lancashire, Manchester or Staffordshire
If you would like to discuss this role further please do not hesitate to contact me: Jill Richmond: 01202 888 986.