|Job Title:||Senior Solar Engineer|
|Location:||UK - England - South West England, Bristol|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £50,000|
|Contact Name:||Jack Winborn|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
Senior Solar Engineer
Allen & York's Energy Generation team are working on behalf of a highly respected international engineering consultancy to recruit a Senior Solar Engineer. The company provide technical advice and share their expert knowledge across industries including energy generation, maritime, renewable energy and oil & gas.
The successful candidate will be working within the company's solar team to provide technical support and consulting services through the life-cycle of solar farm projects. The position is involves technical due diligence and would fit someone seeking a commercial or customer facing role.
• Specification support for the life-cycle of solar farm construction.
• Technical due diligence of pre-construction and operational projects as well as data analysis, documentation review and risk analysis.
• Working to assist clients throughout the early stages within procurement including contract negotiation and tendering.
• General consultancy support and instruction.
• Working with a range of solar clients to work on multiple projects to produce written reports and documentation to supply to the clients.
• Direct experience working in the UK PV Solar sector in a technical consultancy environment.
• Degree qualified in a relevant engineering subject.
• Able to produce clear and professional written reports with sound communication in verbal English.
• Able to communicate in a consultancy type manner to offer professional advice to clients.
• Commercial Acumen.
• Previous background working in due diligence activities in solar or the renewable energy sector such as (onshore and offshore wind) is highly desirable.
• Understanding of the construction procedures and contracts forms in construction, specifically renewable energy projects.
• Understanding of UK planning in relevance to solar projects.
• Knowledge of project finance for PV Solar projects.
This is a rare opportunity to join global leader within engineering consultancy who not only provide expert advice but also provide certification services to clients over a broad range of sectors.