|Job Title:||Senior to Principal Planner - Major Regeneration Projects|
|Salary:||£31 - £45 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Outstanding opportunity for a Senior or Principal Town Planner to work on a range of complex regeneration schemes in London on behalf of a highly successful Local Council.
We are looking for a Town Planner who can hit the ground running, dealing with planning applications and associated planning matters to enhance the area, and provide expert technical advice to all users of the Planning Service.
This is an opportunity to contribute to the local planning community, involved extensively with regeneration and conservation projects, providing sustainable solutions to local environmental and economic problems.
This opportunity is offered on an initial 3 month contract with the view to it being extended.
- Responsible for a range of complex planning applications and local planning, corporate and regeneration projects principally in growth areas ensuring that planning policies are implemented, benefits sought and that technical advice is provided to all users of the Planning Service
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of the team, attending Committee and other meetings including Area Forums as required, liaising with other Services (internal and external)
- Hold specific responsibility for the instigation and/or co-ordination of regeneration work within the area team, keeping the Area Planning Manager advised of the resource requirements, and working closely with the Policy and Regeneration and Design Teams on providing an effective planning response.
- Assist in the management and implementation of agreed projects that contribute to improvements in the operation, efficiency and effectiveness of the Planning Service.
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute or RICS (Planning & Development)
- An in-depth and current knowledge of the practices and procedures relating to development control
- Broad knowledge of planning issues facing an urban authority and the planning powers that the authority has to control new development.
- Substantial recent experience in planning with significant experience in development control
- Significant recent experience in either development control/planning enforcement or in local projects
- Adequate experience to effectively manage more complex planning applications, present evidence at Public Inquires and reports to Planning Committee.
- A successful track record of managing complex development control and project caseloads.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information contact; Sarah Kerr - 01202 888986
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets both UK and Global. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options.