|Job Title:||Senior Town Planner|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Josh Marshall|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Inviting opportunity for an MRTPI Chartered Town Planner to join a highly successful multi-disciplinary team of professional planning consultants based in Essex, dedicated to the hunt for development and land-use solutions for a varied client base.
In joining the Practice, you would be at the forefront of development, covering a wide range of areas, including development control, landscape and design, and complex strategic planning, with a firm that has developed a reputation for problem solving and navigating proposals effectively through the planning process.
If you are a Chartered Town Planner who confidently delivers clients' aspirations in a timely and cost-efficient manner, this role offers the opportunity to develop professionally and progress consistently throughout your career, with a competitive salary, strong work-life balance and excellent range of benefits.
- Identifying the need for, implementing and ensuring adherence to Standard Operational Procedures.
- Obtaining and maintaining a current knowledge of the statutory planning framework at local, national, and strategic level.
- Research client development proposals with regard to the development plan and all other material considerations.
- Formulate, monitor and review appropriate applications and appeals under the planning and associated acts
- Monitor, review and make representations in respect of draft development plans.
- Appraise the current state of development projects and to advise clients accordingly.
- Attend committee meetings, appeal hearings & other public forums
- To exercise budgetary control over individual projects.
- 3- 5 years' experience in a relevant planning position
- Experience of Development Planning
- Current working knowledge of the UK Planning System
- Ability to construct draft plans and make representations
- Communicate effectively with clients, maintain client confidence & high standards of customer care
- Confident attending committee meetings and appeals