|Job Title:||Senior Transport Planner - Traffic Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Senior Transport Planner - Traffic Engineer
We are pleased to be partnering with a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm who have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK's and indeed the world's most prestigious and challenging projects within their successful and growing Transport Planning Team as they continue to strengthen their offering throughout the UK.
The Traffic & Transport Planning team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding, including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects for Clients such as National Grid, Network Rail, Crossrail, Transport for London and Highways England.
Our client has a reputation for the delivery of major projects across the UK and are working for a wide variety of national and local clients carrying out Transport Assessments, Transport Planning, Traffic Management Plans and Environmental Impact Assessments to gain consent for schemes.
Owing to recent contract awards, our client is now looking to recruit a high calibre Senior Transport Planner /Traffic Engineer to work within the London Traffic & Transport Planning team, providing solutions for a wide portfolio of schemes throughout the UK.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Senior Transport Planner:
Reporting to the Principal Transport Planner, you will provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging Transport, Infrastructure and Energy schemes. As our client operates in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will work in collaboration with other disciplines and will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of schemes, research projects and innovative, technically challenging work.
You will be offered personal development opportunities which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success
The role of Senior Transport Planner will include the following responsibilities:
Producing and contributing towards Transport Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments and for a wide range of projects
Provide inputs to multi-disciplinary transport studies and environmental assessments, including routeing strategies, traffic management plans and strategy advice
Meeting with clients and stakeholders as well as working with other disciplines and consultants on projects
You will be a career minded Senior Transport Planner / Traffic Engineer who has gained solid work experience on transport, land development, energy and infrastructure projects and who possesses the following credentials:
- Degree in Geography/ Planning/ Engineering or related subject
- Chartered or working towards Chartership of a relevant professional body (CILT, TPP, IHT etc)
- Experience of producing and contributing towards Transport Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments gained in consultancy
- Willingness to be part of a team and assist projects as and when necessary and work on own initiative.
- Excellent numerical, data analysis and technical writing skills
- Experience of commissioning sub-contractors and obtaining technical data from a variety of sources
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with clients and key stakeholders
- Willingness to travel to projects across the UK when required
- Full driving licence
- A versatile individual looking to get involved in a wide range of projects and expand their experience in transport planning
- Appreciation of junction modelling and GIS packages
- Temporary traffic management during construction
- Road safety and remedial measures
- A strong commercial focus
Interested Get in touch;
If the role of Senior Transport Planner is of interest to you, please get in touch straight away to discuss in more detail;
Sarah Kerr Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options.