|Job Title:||Sewage Technical Operator - Water|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands|
|Salary:||10.25 per hour|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Sewage Technical Operator
Operating a number of sewage treatment works and sewage pumping stations over a large geographical area.
- Operate sewage treatment works and sewage pumping stations and associated assets
- Maintain & improve site standards/ identify Health and Safety improvements
- Operate the assets under your control to ensure that all quality and quantity limits are met. Participate in an out of hours standby rota
- Ensure the Health & Safety of yourself, colleagues, visitors and members of the public is maintained at all times
- Ensure sites are operated at a minimum cost in an energy efficient way.
- Comply with statutory, company policies and procedures.
- Operate the assets under your control to ensure that there is no adverse impact on the environment.
- Working with Chemical Processes. •Working in a mechanical / electrical environment.
- IT Experience.
- Experience of working in a maintenance / craft environment would be desirable.
- Good use of IT systems.
- Ability to work alone using own initiative, and maintain self-motivation.
- Good verbal communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Alert with the ability to analyse information to spot potential problems
- Able to follow processes and comply with policies.
- A Flexible and enthusiastic approach is required.
- A good willingness to learn and help improve the sites through local improvements.
- Enthusiasm to learn and work towards Operator technical training in Sewage and Sludge Treatment. Physically fit and prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Mechanically minded.
- GCSE C grade or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Full UK Driving License.