|Job Title:||Software and Systems business analyst|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
A market leading specialist energy management consultancy are looking for a software analyst to join them on a permanent basis.
You will assist with the creation, specification, development and implementation of new and improved software and online systems (external and internal) to improve productivity, and to bring new functionality to service offering.
You will provide a professional data support service to all customers of our in-house software systems and ensure that all requests for support are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Management of the development process
- Management of the JIRA incident recording system
- Analysing business/client needs and identifying areas of improvement or new/increased functionality.
- Discussing suggested improvements or new ideas with the various stakeholders.
- Creating specifications for agreed development work.
- Following through the specifications to delivery including, testing, liaison with developers, and implementation.
- Creation of all relevant documentation for new functionality or systems.
- Training of relevant staff/clients in the use of new functionality where appropriate.
- Assist with the improvement and transformation of the current development process into an improved, more organised, robust process which is much less reliant on key development staff.
- To work closely with the rest of the support team to ensure good communication and a joined up approach.
- To provide advice and guidance to customers on the use of in-house software systems, including training for both internal and external users.
- To log support calls and document their outcome to facilitate the resolution of queries, escalating any issues to management where necessary.
- To pro-actively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls.
- Testing of in-house software.
- To provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to all users.
- To undertake such other work which may be assigned and which is consistent with the nature of the job and the level of responsibility.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training and support other staff in their development and training.
- To develop and maintain active and progressive working relationships with all members of the company
- Previous experience of /exposure to in-house software systems
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advanced Microsoft skills, especially MS Excel including features such as pivot tables and the vlookup formula
- Knowledge of SQL would be a benefit but not essential
- Ability to take responsibility for issues and their resolution
- Experience of data validation, manipulation and management
- Marketing leading management consultancy
- Growth plans for career progression
- Exciting varied role