|Job Title:||Solar O&M Data Analyst|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Our client currently asset manages a solar portfolio of 150MW that has a number of different O&M contractors. The business is developing a solar O&M service that shall monitor maintenance and enhance the assets. This solar O&M service shall be provided to their current portfolio and be competitive for other new 3rd party solar O&M business.
The Solar O&M Data Analyst is a key role within the Solar O&M team, where you shall be key in developing and embedding a common solar monitoring platform for the Solar O&M assets, shall monitor these assets for faults and performance, and identify root causes of lost production to focus the plant maintenance activities to reduce lost production. The data analyst is also responsible for reporting plant performance to key stakeholders.
- Monitor operational solar farm performance in real time and assist with subsequent troubleshooting and maintenance
- Use of solar monitoring system to assess communication issues, identify data loss and perform checks on data integrity
- Analyse operational data to verify actual plant output, availability and performance ratio, and identify reasons for variances vs budget
- Combine operational data with engineering knowledge to identifying root causes of performance variations, drawing on experience of other experts where necessary
- Create monthly O&M reports of a high standard using reporting software
- Analyse historic solar farm data to find opportunities for performance improvement
- Analyse historic maintenance data to optimise future maintenance strategies
- Building tools/systems to automate or improve the O&M reporting procedure
- Leading the implementation of monitoring systems for new sites
- Assisting with the development of a CMMS system
New challenges are continually arising in the renewables industry. A successful applicant would be able to help the team continuously improve by:
- Obtaining feedback from internal stakeholders
- Assisting in the development of new data analysis tools
- Adapting to new technologies as the operational portfolio grows
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of electrical drawings and electrical system concepts is essential
- Technical knowledge of the principles of solar PV generation
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and a data analysis tool such as VBA, Python, R or Matlab
- Experience in data monitoring, ideally on solar PV farms.
- Track record of solving tough technical challenges with innovative approaches.
Experience in any of the following would also be advantageous:
- SCADA systems
- Managing, analysing and visualising large datasets