|Job Title:||Solar O&M Technician|
|Location:||UK - England - South West England|
|Salary:||£35,000-40,000 + car/van + benefits|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Our Client are highly professional provider of solar services including O&M on large scale solar plants across the UK.
They are a global company, with expertise over 500 individual solar projects installed, working with clients worldwide to generate green energy that is emissions free, so important to the present and future generations.
The O&M Technician is responsible for management of O&M plan activities in accordance to budget objectives.
- Willing to travel nationally and may from time to time be require to stay overnight near sites to help support them.
- Responsible for all reactive maintenance on designated plants
- Responding to service call outs with in the contractual response times ;
- Respond to alerts from security and output/performance monitoring services;
- Responsible for maintaining the preventative maintenance schedule for each plant completing required works with in the given deadlines;
- Complete required service reports and documentation for different activities completed on site;
- Adhere to all local health and safety standards;
- Manage a service technician assistant that will be paired with you;
- Produce weekly and monthly reports for activities carried out on site;
- Complete annual site inspections;
- May be required to perform pre O&M site inspections and complete an audit report for current status of the plant before O&M services begin;
- Supporting the development of the operations and maintenance services;
- Deliver all O&M activity within budget and resource guidelines;
- Maintaining plants responsible for to the highest level of standards;
- Providing appropriate training and supervision to sub-contractors;
- Order all parts from suppliers and maintain log book of costs and hours allocated to various activities performed on site to be submitted to O&M manager on a monthly basis;
- Analyse equipment and machine failures and suggest workable
- Ensure all works carried out complies with current legislation.
- Electrically qualified (17th Edition / C&G Inspection & Testing);
- Experience of large scale solar PV construction or O&M;
- Able to fault find and diagnose issues on electrical and instrumentation
- Competent in using Microsoft office software (Word and Excel) and in
- using Reporting Systems;
- Holds clean UK driving license;
- Holds a valid passport (travel outside the UK may be required for
- HV / SAP / AP Qualified (preferred);
- Experience in data monitoring systems;
- Ethernet & Fiber-Optic Communications;
- Has worked with inverters before (centralized & decentralized);
- High voltage experience (HV Operational Safety/ SAP/ AP);or *training given
- Experience of telecommunication and CCTV systems;
- Able to develop and grow the O&M business (new contracts, subcontractor knowledge, improve methods);
- Able to work remotely and travel to various sites to react to events.
- Perfect communication skills;
- Good technical communication skills;
- Takes pride in quality of work;
- Interested in renewable energy and Solar PV;
- Can work in a team or independently;
We look forward to receiving your application
- Technician or Electrician