|Job Title:||Sustainability Architect (BREEAM)|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£24000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Alex Carroll-Adams|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Sustainability Architect (BREEAM)
Negotiable salary (DOE)
An exciting role has arisen with an entrepreneurial architectural practice based in Bedfordshire. Due to their continued success and efficacious growth they are looking for an Architect (part 3) or an architectural technician (HNC/HND) who has focused heavily in sustainability and BREEAM to join their established team.
- Deliver BREEAM assessments and manage the associated projects.
- Act as the sustainability champion within the company to ensure projects comply with accompanying criteria.
- Liaise with design teams to ensure sustainability initiates are implemented within buildings to improve performance and to meet clients' expectations.
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications.
- Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget.
- Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments.
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts.
- Choosing the materials to be used and specifying the requirements for the project.
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction.
- Making sure the project is running according to schedule and budget.
- Degree in relevant subject (e.g. sustainable design).
- Preferably accredited in BREEAM (ideally New Construction 2014).
- A track record of delivering BREEAM assessments autonomously.
- 3+ years in the sector looking at the sustainable design of new construction builds.
To discuss this role further, please get in contact with Alex Carroll-Adams from Allen & York for a confidential conversation.