|Job Title:||Sustainability Consultant|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Victoria Kenrick|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client actively helps raise the construction standards of new homes across the UK and they currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Sustainability Consultant to join their team.
- In this role you will carry out Sustainability/Energy Assessments and associated consultancy work for professional advisors and companies.
- This includes:
- Working on new build residential, non-residential and refurbishment projects across the UK.
- Providing associated guidance to staff and clients, and develop processes and tools to assist Sustainability Services.
- Liaison with top builder customers and their associated stakeholders, ensuring relationships with key customers are maintained and developed.
- Undertake BREEAM/Code for Sustainable Homes/EcoHomes Assessments and Consultancy work, providing clear verbal and written consultancy advice and assessment reports.
- Prepare and check fee proposals for BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes and EcoHomes assessments and related consultancy work.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with key customers and stakeholders, co-ordinating other team members and providing management reports.
- Attend design team meetings, conduct initial assessment meetings and produce initial assessment report/update in a timely manner following meeting.
- Undertake energy ratings to the requirements of the NHER scheme, in accordance with the company's guidelines.
- Deliver and develop training courses and presentations to the building industry on Sustainability/Energy topics e.g. the companies Code for Sustainable Homes and EcoHomes training courses. This will involve regular travel and associated overnight stays.
- Provide advice to external customers and the company's staff on sustainability matters, related legislative changes, and current best practice, including assisting in the preparation of literature for publication, media articles, and training material.
- Provide technical support to the company's staff and external contractors in the pursuit of national consistency, including mentoring and 'peer-review' of other assessors/consultants work to maintain quality.
- Maintain and operate the company's internal auditing processes.
- Assist in the development of services, processes & internal tools required for the companies Sustainability Services products.
- Preferably a registered and licensed Code for Sustainable Homes Assessor/OCDEA (NHER) Qualified SAP Assessor with experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously through to completion and with experience of BREEAM, Energy Assessments and Planning Consultancy.
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent technical qualification in a relevant building/sustainability discipline, and a member of (or working towards membership of) a relevant professional organisation.
- Possess a good knowledge of Building Regulations, particularly Part L, and working knowledge of NHBC standards, procedures and structure.
- Must have a good grasp of development and procurement issues, with a good understanding of the building process and the relevant parties involved in the planning, design and construction of a building.
- Ability to work with a proactive consultative approach using excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills, tact, diplomacy and an appreciation of the clients' needs.
- Computer literate with extensive experience of working with databases, Excel, Word, and preferably Energy Rating software.
- A team player with the ability to use their own initiative.
If you think this sounds like the great opportunity for you please call 01202 888986.