|Job Title:||Tanker Driver (HGV Class 1) - Water|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands, West Midlands - Birmingham|
|Salary:||£12.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Tanker Driver (HGV Class 1) - Water
The Distribution Service Delivery team are responsible for the operation and maintenance of Severn Trent’s underground water network. This includes the inspection, improvement and repair of our assets. Our team is dedicated to deliver a continuous supply of potable water to our customer’s through our infrastructure. This is all underpinned by the Distribution vision statement…. “Great people working in a safe, Proactive operation and maintenance Organisation. Delivering excellent customer service at least cost.” The role of a CSO is to provide support in order to maintain the continuous supplies equipment, tankers, bowsers and rapid response units. You will also be required to assist on supply interruption incidents on the network, assisting the Distribution Service Technicians and dealing with customers and members of the public. The role will involve liaison with other departments and working with our
You will be responsible for the maintenance of the key equipment Rapid Response Units, tankers, Chlorination equipment in the Shropshire and Powys area
• Carry out a wide variety of tasks on the distribution network.
• Responsible to deliver the work scheduled to him/her in accordance with the Companies service level agreements or customer service standards.
• Accountable for their own health & safety and have a duty of care to their colleagues & anyone affected by the work they do, for example general public / site personal. There is a need to exercise judgment / balance on the resourcing of these activities, the risk / impact of leakage activities our customers, the general public, and road-traffic users and to ensure compliance with our statutory, regulatory and company standards at all times.
• Be able to carry out risk assessments in conjunction with own tasks and that of follow on work.
• Perform the duties of the role in compliance with statutory or regulatory standards, e.g. – hygiene, NRSWA (New Roads & Street Works Act) and environmental.
• Deliver excellent customer service in accordance with the Companies policies and standards with an aim to deliver the job right first time.
• Exhibit the right behaviours and responsibilities described in the behaviours model and to support the continual improvement.
• Carry out distribution operational activities on site e.g. Flushing and cleansing of water mains,
Pressure, flow and disinfection management, disinfection of water mains, valve operations and valving for interruptions to supply. These operations will include both simple / low risk and complex / high risk valve operations
• HGV class 1 driving licence.
• Experience working in a customer facing role. Desirable:
• Significant experience / training in a similar utility based industry
• IT skills and computer literate.
• Experience in a problem solving role where repairs are carried out.
• Knowledge of the water distribution network.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complicated technical messages in a simple way.
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal directly with customer in a face to face environment.
• Maintain a positive outlook at work, remain flexible and accept new ideas and change initiatives
• Problem solving skills with the ability to investigate problems and interpret findings clearly
• Ability to make decisions and assess work required to solve a problem.
• Accuracy skills to be able to record data correctly into a hand held device.
• Ability to work well as part of a team but also alone using own initiative
• Full Class 1 HGV UK Driving Licence. Desirable:
• Manual Handling Training
- Working hours are 07:30 to 16:00 Monday to Friday You will be given all relevant training to help you succeed in this role
- Vetting - Basic Disclosure, Licence Mandate, Drug and Alcohol and Medical